- Children's Area»
- Remote Learning during COVID-19»
- Whole School Curriculum Resources»
Please find attached this weeks Keep Calm and Make Music resources from Hampshire Music Service. This week they have provided two resources for you to use:
- Weekly Wonder – a themed learning resource designed to be used over several sessions based around a topic or the development of key musical understanding and skills
- One Hit Wonder – a stand-alone workshop style resource designed to be used for a single session or perhaps half a day based around a song or specific music activity
We hope that you and your children enjoy using these to develop their musical understanding and skills.
This week’s Keep Calm and Make Music instalments are:
- Journey to the Moon for KS1
- Man on the Moon for KS2
One Hit Wonder:
- Getting Creative with a Song - Give Me Courage
Each of these is in power point format so you simply need to "load, click and go".
We hope you enjoy sharing these with your children.
Advisory note to parents and teachers: we wanted to make you aware that these powerpoints have links to carefully chosen resources on youtube however we are not able to control the adverts that may sometimes appear at the start of a clip or comments written underneath.
VE Day Extra
We have also attached some fun activities devised by an HMS class teacher, Linda White, all based around celebrating VE day – there are some clips for songs to join in with and music to listen to / dance along with and a lovely poster to colour for your window. Thank you to Linda, and hope you enjoy!
We are delighted to also include the third of our Singing Assembly Sessions with our Lead Vocal Practitioner, Nick Duncombe.
No preparation needed just follow the link, press play, warm up your body, warm up your voice and sing!
- Singing Assembly, week 3 - https://youtu.be/i_q7JveSlUg
Other resources you may like to look at
BBC Ten Pieces At Home - Activities & Interactive Workshops
Below you will find weekly activities for primary schools, home educators and parents to share with their students. Each includes a Ten Pieces film to watch and enjoy and a linked creative ...
Out of the ark Music@Home