Stoke Park Junior School statement of Equality
Stoke Park Junior School is committed to ensuring equality of provision across the school; our policies and procedures ensure there is equality of opportunity for all children. Our Equality Policy reflects the Equality Act of 2010 and ensures that all children are treated equally and given the support they need to succeed.
The Act establishes the protected characteristics of age, sex, race, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, pregnancy or maternity. At Stoke Park Junior School all members of our school community, including children, parents/carers, staff and visitors will be treated with respect. Our school RISE values of Respect, Inspire, Safe and Engage are an integral part of our commitment to equality.
Stoke Park Junior School Equality objectives include:
- The promotion of cultural development and understanding, both inside and outside of school, through a rich and varied range of experiences for all children.
- An understanding towards people with disabilities, with any prejudice tackled promptly and effectively.
- Ensuring all pupils are given similar opportunities to extra-curricular activities and clubs.
- Equal access to information for all parents.
- All children receiving the appropriate support to access all areas of the curriculum.
- Supporting the emotional needs of all pupils.
We regularly review the school's equality information to ensure our provision meets the needs of all pupils and members of the school community.