P.E. & Sports Funding
PRIMARY SCHOOL PE AND SPORT FUNDING
The Sport Premium is allocated to schools, in addition to the main funding schools receive, in order to improve the provision of PE and School Sport, in order to ensure that pupils may lead healthier lifestyles.
The funding can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport within schools. However, schools have the freedom to choose how this will be done, as they are best placed to assess what additional provision will have the best enhance their existing PE and sports offer.
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Funding may be used for:
- providing specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside teachers
- funding opportunities to develop the PE and sport training of teachers within the school
- providing funding to support the participation of identified pupils in community sport competitions
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport
- funding places for identified pupils in extra-curricular school sports clubs
Here is a summary of our intention to further enhance our PE and sports provision at Stoke Park Junior School.